Thursday, February 16, 2012

maybe it's okay after all...

So Valentine's Day 2012 has come and gone.

It was actually pretty good. I think personally if you don't have any high expectations and think it's going to be something out of a movie, then it can turn out okay. Even just something like a dinner and a bottle of wine and a movie is good for me. It's the thought that counts really. Especially if it's coming from someone who doesn't even like doing anything on that day, it's even more special.

I guess I like it if it's not a huge thing. I don't like the stupid cheap crappy chocolate or the stupid stuffed animals, or the overly expensive flowers. That's what I don't like about the day. But the simple gestures and the love you have for each other is what matters.

I'm happy and think I'm ready to let go of all the insecurities that I have and fully enjoy what I have because what I have is pretty freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment